XrayVision DCV and XVCapture contain an option allowing the use of selecting patients by scanning the barcode present on their Common Access Card (CAC), instead of by bridging patient information via a software pass-over from a practice management software. Listed below are the steps necessary to setup the Barcode Scanning within XrayVision DCV or XVCapture as well as some basic tips for successful scanning.
- Open XVCapture/DCV.
- Select Advanced User Tools.
- Click on Preferences (default password is AKRON).
- On the left-hand side, select Data Entry.
- Scroll down on the right to find the section labeled Barcode Scanning. Check the box next to Enable bar code scanned data processing (enable any other options desired within this section as necessary).
- There is a Barcode Scanning Test field here which should populate information if a CAC ID badge is scanned properly while open.
- Press OK to save these settings and return to the software main screen.
- The settings saved here are saved per installation. If using a server installation, the applied option should affect all workstations. If using local installations, these steps will have to be repeated on each individual workstation.
Tips for Successful Barcode Scanning:
- There are two barcodes on the standard CAC ID badge (illustrated below, image courtesy of cac.mil), a vertical barcode reminiscent of a modern QR code with a small classical barcode above it on the front and a horizontal barcode of a classical standard on the back.
XVCapture/DCV requires the scanning of the small classical barcode from the front of the CAC ID badge. Scanning any other barcode will not populate patient data.
- When clicking either of the View Images or Capture Images buttons within XVCapture/DCV, the input cursor will default to the Patient ID field. The input cursor MUST remain on the Patient ID field for barcode scanning to successfully input information. If the input cursor is moved to any other field, scanning the CAC ID badge will not input any patient data into XVCapture/DCV.
Article Version 1.1 2022.3.1
Please sign in to leave a comment.