Permanent Deletion of images within the XrayVision DCV / XVCapture / XVWeb system is purposefully made difficult as the software was originally designed for Full Exposure Accountability.
"Deleting" an image in XrayVision DCV and XVCapture is unlike the normal usage of the term. XVCapture/DCV, by default, does not allow permanent deletion of images. If an image needs to be hidden from view, setting the image as Ghosted or Retaken is the preferred step. Otherwise, moving the image to a "dummy patient" can be done, and the process is as follows:
- Open XVCapture or DCV
- From the main window, select View Images
- Fill in the information for the patient record where the images are currently located. Then click Query For Images.
- Highlight the series to be moved in the results in the bottom half of the window by clicking on Study ID (multiple series can be selected by holding down the CTRL key on the PC keyboard). If a single image in a series is needed, double-click the Study ID to open the study, double-click on the folder listing that populates, and then click on the image needed to be moved.
- Click on the icon of a red check mark on a sheet of paper at the bottom of the window.
- After accepting any prompts and allowing the software to load, the Edit Image Information window populates.
- Change the Patient Information to match the following image.
- If the image being "deleted" is part of a larger layout, click the two green plus signs found in both the Study Information and Series Information sets below the Patient Information, then click OK.
- If XVCapture or DCV is connected to the XVWeb service, the changes made in the previous steps will need to be manually forwarded to the XVWeb server. Navigate back to the main screen and click on the Forward Images button.
Article Version 1.1 2022.04.18
Please sign in to leave a comment.