There are many reasons why multiple patient accounts may need to be merged. Converted images missing some patient information (DOB, ID number, etcetera), name change caused a duplicate patient record, bridge information changed (ID number change, SSN added, etcetera), and more. The following steps should help guide the process for merging patient records in XVCapture or XrayVision DCV.
- Open XVCapture or DCV
- From the main window, select View Images
- Fill in the information for the patient record you wish to merge into another record (query for the record with either missing or incorrect information). Then click Query For Images.
- Highlight the patient record to be updated in the results in the bottom half of the window by clicking on Name.
- Click on the icon of a red check mark on a sheet of paper at the bottom of the window.
- After accepting any prompts and allowing the software to load, the Edit Image Information window populates.
- Correct the main fields under Patient Information to match the patient record this is merging into (Patient ID, Patient Last Name, Patient First Name, Patient Birth Date, and Gender). Then click OK.
- If XVCapture or DCV is connected to the XVWeb service, the changes made in the previous steps will need to be manually forwarded to the XVWeb server. Navigate back to the main screen and click on the Forward Images button.
Article Version 1.1 2022.3.10
Please sign in to leave a comment.