Out of Memory messages usually happen due to one of the following reasons.
1. Server/local Hard Drive Space: Server is very low on physical space on the hard drive that hosts the imaging database.
- Check the server's hard drive space. Ensure the hard drive with the software share has ample room to save images.
- Ensure the workstation trying to save the images has both the storage available in the %programdata% folder and permissions to the server's imaging database.
2. Network issues: When the connection to the server is slow or is intermittent the workstations are not able to persistently talk to the software and the imaging database.
- Your IT department will need to investigate the local network and determine root cause analysis.
- Apteryx support can assist with recommendations, but will not be able to assist beyond our scope.
3. Antivirus: Periodically an antivirus scan on the file that is being sent to the server may cause the file to fail to transfer or be quarantined.
The Apteryx recommendation is to add exceptions into the antivirus software in use for the Apteryx program itself, as well as the folder the Apteryx program exists within. Note that this may have to be done individually on each PC, depending on what antivirus software is being used.
Add exceptions for:
The antivirus software in use by the location, and its settings, are outside the demarcation of Apteryx Support. Apteryx Support technicians will not add, remove, or change any exceptions, or other settings/options within the antivirus software.
- Try disabling the AV software temporarily to see if the error goes away. If it does, the cause is likely the AV software.
Apteryx support has found the following antivirus solutions typically cause issues even when set to exclude our share from scanning:
Article Version 1.1 2021.04.15