To perform a patient database update, please follow these steps
- Ensure XVLite will not be in use for the duration of the update anywhere throughout the office. We recommend running this patient database after all patients for the day have been seen. The time it will take to perform the update is very difficult to estimate, but typically takes 30 minutes to 2 hours for the average office.
If patient records are accessed or modified in XVLite in any room, patient records may become corrupt.
- Open XVLite on a single computer
We recommend running the patient database on the server if it has a license as Servers typically perform the update the fastest.
- From the main menu Select 'Preferences' on the left hand toolbar
- On the left hand toolbar Select 'Database'
- Select 'Update Patient Database' then 'Update the Patient Database'
- If you are ready to run the update select 'Yes'
- The update will begin and will show what step it is on. We recommend not touching mouse or keyboard during this time. Clicking around on the screen may freeze the interface. A frozen interface does not indicate that the update has stopped. The update should continue despite the current step being frozen on screen, and the program showing as "Not Responding."
- The update will finish automatically and no message reflecting the completion will be shown. At this point, the office may resume use of XVLite.
Article Version 1.0 2021.04.05
Please sign in to leave a comment.