Sometimes you may find it necessary to combine multiple individual images into a single layout, or merge individual images into a pre-existing layout, or consolidate multiple layouts into a single progression. All of these instances follow the same basic steps outlined below within the XrayVision DCV or XVCapture software.
Prerequisites - Keep Local Copies
- Open XVCapture/DCV
- Select Advanced User Tools > Preferences (default password is AKRON)
- On the left-hand side, click on Database
- On the right, under Image Retrieval Preference, verify that Save and keep retrieved images in the local database is checked
- Click on OK at the bottom of the window to return to the software main screen
Combine Multiple Images/Layouts
- Open XVCapture/DCV
- Select View Images
- Query for the patient that has the images/layouts which need combined (take note of the Patient ID, it will be manually typed in later)
- Find which images are the ones needed to be merged by single-clicking each row to highlight a study and clicking View Studies once all suspected images/layouts have been chosen to verify (clicking Go Back to return to the Query For Images screen)
- Repeat Step 4 until only the images/layouts intended to be merged are highlighted (once all images/layouts are known and highlighted, take note of the Study ID of all highlighted studies as they will be needed later) then click on Go Back to return to the software main screen. (Tip: use CTRL+left-click to highlight multiples)
- Select Advanced User Tools > Data Correction
- Search using the Patient ID from Step 3 and click Query For Images
- Highlight the studies with matching Study ID's from Step 5 by single-clicking the rows. (Tip: use CTRL+left-click to highlight multiples)
- Select Combine Selected Items > Merge the selected items into the same, oldest series
- You will be asked twice to confirm the merger, as this cannot be undone
- The software will pause until the highlighted rows replaces the Patient ID with "<Item Changed>"
- Click Done
- If using XVWeb (or another DICOM forwarding server), you may need to manually forward the changes by clicking the Forward Images button from the software main screen
If desired, return back to the prerequisites guide to uncheck the Save and keep retrieved images in the local database option.
Article Version 1.1 2022.3.9