Note: 3rd Party Driver Installation Instructions are provided as a courtesy. Planet DDS / Apteryx does not take responsibility for installing or maintaining any 3rd party software, including hardware drivers.
- Download and install the AE USB Interface driver.
- Click Install.
- Once finished, click Close.
- Connect the AE USB Interface to an open USB port and ensure it shows properly in Device Manager.
(Access Device Manager by either right-clicking on the Start Menu and selecting Device Manager [Windows 8, 8.1, 10], or by left-clicking the Start Menu and immediately typing "Device Manager" [Windows 7 and up, though the option for Device Manager may take a minute to load])
- With a sensor connected, open the AE USB Interface Utility from the Start Menu.
- Ensure the Interface and Sensor both show “Up to Date”. If either need updated, the button will be available to click.
Please make note of the Serial Number, Model, and Size area of the connected sensor.
There is also built-in diagnostic tools to check the USB interface connection and the sensor connection.
- In the file menu in the AE Interface Utility, select the option for manually installing the Calibration File.
- Once the Calibration File has been installed, the AE Interface Utility can be closed.
To configure Image Quality continue with the following guide: Schick Recommended Image Quality
Article Version 1.2 2022.05.24