Apteryx is part of the Dentrix Developer Program (DDP) and has authorized access to the Dentrix G5 Database.
Apteryx provides a DataDrill for NameGrabber (for Apteryx Imaging products, namely XrayVision/XVLite) and DataGrabber (for 3rd Party imaging applications, as well as the Apteryx Imaging products of XrayVisionDCV/XVCapture/XVWeb) that interface with the Dentrix G5 database (Dentrix versions 15.0 [G5] to 16.1 [G6.1]).
Follow the instructions below to download and setup the appropriate Dentrix G5 DataDrill for NameGrabber or DataGrabber.
- If installing the Dentrix G5 DataDrill for NameGrabber, close Apteryx Imaging software (XrayVision/XVLite) on any networked server or client workstation. If installing the datadrill for DataGrabber, exit the software on any server or workstation running the application.
- Access the Apteryx Product Updates site and download the appropriate Dentrix G5 DataDrill updater for NameGrabber or DataGrabber. Double-click on the updater and follow the instructions to install/update the datadrill.
- If using XrayVision, launch the application and select Database> Data Drills > Data Drill Options.
Skip to Step 6.
- If using XVLite launch the application, select Preferences> Database and then click on the DataDrill Options button.
Skip to Step 6.
- If using DataGrabber, launch the application, right-click on the icon in the system tray, and select Customize > Data Drills.
- Double-click on the Dentrix G5 DataDrill option to access the Dentrix G5 DataDrill Options dialog box show below.
- Complete the following fields:
- Host: Delete the entry "localhost" and enter the actual name of the server that contains the Dentrix G5 database.
- Database: This entry does NOT need to be changed.
- Patient Status: The Dentrix G5 database contains records of actual patients, non patients, active, and archived patients. Enable the options to filter in or filter out the desired patient records.
- Use database caching to speed up lookup: Disable this option if enabled.
- Use chart number as patient ID: If desired, enable this option to create patient records in the imaging application using the patient's chart number rather than the patient id.
- Select the Test Connection button to verify options have been correctly set. If successful, a confirmation message will display indicating the number of patients found in the DentrixSQL database.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Article Version 1.0 2019.11.4