Note: Prior to performing a server migration, please collect your registration number(s) by following our article on Finding Active Registration Numbers in DataGrabber, then submit a ticket requesting those registration numbers get reactivated (the ticket should contain the registration numbers to be reset, added to the Registration No. / Serial No. field). Please submit the reactivation request at least 1 business day before performing the server migration.
Copy DataGrabber folder from old server to new server (either over network or through thumbdrive/flashdrive)
- Open Folder Properties
- Share Folder (Sharing Tab)
Click OK twice
- Edit Permissions (Security Tab)
- Type “everyone"
Click OK, then Close
- Open Folder and Open Program
- Register Product
- *If office has multiple Reg Numbers, Check the box stating “I have additional registration numbers I would like to use* *Registration numbers require the hyphens* *Install ID is pre-populated*
- Click Get Activation Code, Click Done
- Read and Accept the EULA
- Checkbox stops this window from popping up in the future
Local PC Steps
On each computer that uses Datagrabber complete the following
- Locate Datagrabber the system tray, right click the icon and choose 'Exit'
- Delete any desktop shortcuts that exist
- Using Run (Windows key + R) run the following two commands
- Delete any Datagrabber shortcuts in the file explorer windows
- In the file explorer window type in the new share path for Datagrabber
- Run the Datagrabber executable as administrator
- Select 'Yes' to the startup question
- (Optional) Right click Datagrabber and choose 'send to' > 'Desktop (Create Shortcut)
- The Datagrabber icon may push to the hidden icons. Click the icon and drag the icon into the unhidden icons area
- (Optional) After the first computer has been setup, we recommend testing the functionality of the program to ensure it is behaving as expected
- Repeat steps 1-10 for any additional computers.
Article Version 1.4 2021.05.19