Note: Prior to performing a server migration, please collect your registration number(s) by following our article on Finding Active Registration Numbers in DataGrabber, then submit a ticket requesting those registration numbers get reactivated (the ticket should contain the registration numbers to be reset, added to the Registration No. / Serial No. field). Please submit the reactivation request at least 1 business day before performing the server migration.
1. Copy the DataGrabber folder from the old server to your new server (either over the network or via the use of a thumb drive/flash drive)
2. Right-click the DataGrabber folder and left-click "Properties"
3. Click the "Sharing" tab, then click the "Share" button
4. Add "Everyone" and change their Permission Level to "Read/Write", then click "Share"
5. Advanced folder caching options will now need set. Right-click your DataGrabber installation folder and left-click "Properties.
6. From the Properties window click the "Advanced Sharing" button
7. From the Advanced Sharing window click the "Caching" button
8. From the Offline Settings window that opens select the radial button for the "No files or programs from the shared folder are available offline" option, then click "OK" at the bottom
9. You will now want to verify that the appropriate permissions are applied to the DataGrabber installation folder. Right-click your DataGrabber installation folder and left-click "Properties" once more, but this time click the "Security" tab.
If an entry for "Everyone" with the "Full control" checkbox checked is showing (as shown in the screenshot below) proceed to step 14. If an "Everyone" entry is not showing continue with the permissions steps listed below.
10. From the "Security" tab click the "Edit" button
11. From the permissions window that opens click the "Add" button
12. From the new window that opens type "Everyone" into the object names box, then click "OK"
13. The "Everyone" entry will be added to the list. Be sure to check the "Allow" checkbox next to the "Full control" list item, then click "Apply" and "OK"
14. Once DataGrabber has been shared open the DataGrabber folder and double-click "DataGrabber" to launch the application
15. The registration screen appears - at the bottom of the window check the "I am the end-user and this is the final acknowledgement of this EULA" checkbox first, then click the "Register" button
16. Enter your registration information, then click the "Get Activation Code" button. Once your activation code appears click the "Done" button, then read and accept the EULA.
(*If office has multiple Reg Numbers, Check the box stating “I have additional registration numbers I would like to use"* *Registration numbers require the hyphens* *Install ID is pre-populated*)
17. Upon the first launch of DataGrabber you will be prompted to choose startup options. Check the "Do not display this message again" checkbox, then click the "Yes - Start Automatically!" button.
Local PC Steps
On each computer that uses DataGrabber complete the following
- Locate DataGrabber the system tray, right click the DataGrabber icon and choose 'Exit'
- Delete any desktop shortcuts that exist
- Using Run (Windows key + R) run the following two commands
- Delete any DataGrabber shortcuts in the File Explorer windows
- In the File Explorer window type in the new share path for DataGrabber
- Right-click and run the DataGrabber executable as Administrator
- Select 'Yes' to the startup question
- (Optional) Right click DataGrabber and choose 'Send to' > 'Desktop (create shortcut)'
- The DataGrabber icon may push to the hidden icons. Click the DataGrabber icon and drag the icon into the unhidden icons area
- (Optional) After the first computer has been set up, we recommend testing the functionality of the program to ensure it is behaving as expected
- Repeat steps 1-10 for any additional computers.
Article Version 1.5 2022.3.15